Wednesday, May 11, 2005

they're not yours they are my own

Heard this song couple days ago in the office. Been a while since the last time I really listen and put attention on its lyrics.

I’m actually not a Jewel fan, so it’s a bit hard for me to salute her song. But anyway, here’s the condensed-version lyrics:

Jewel – Hands

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all ok
And not to worry because worry is wasteful
and useless in times like these

I will not be made useless
I won't be idled with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
for light does the darkness most fear

My hands are small, I know,
but they're not yours they are my own
but they're not yours they are my own
and I am never broken

Poverty stole your golden shoes
but it didn't steal your laughter
And heartache came to visit me
but I knew it wasn't ever after

We will fight, not out of spite
for someone must stand up for what's right
cause where there's a man who has no voice
there ours shall go singing

In the end only kindness matters
In the end only kindness matters
I will get down on my knees and I will pray
I will get down on my knees and I will pray


I consider that the point is, no matter what and who we are, we were born to be something. Maybe we were not so lucky in certain areas (brain, look, behavior, handicapped, teeth) but they're not yours they are my own! And when things got bad, just get kneel and pray for everything to be return in kind.

Such a soul-fulfilling song!

No comments: